We are B Corp Certified!
You may have seen the news that Motivates is now B Corp™ Certified. We caught up with our Chairman, Bill Alexander to discuss what becoming B Corp™ Certified means to him and to the Motivates team.
“Making the decision to become B Corp™ Certified is not something to take lightly, it involves a very real time commitment to review processes, policies and documentation as well as completing questionnaires to demonstrate that the business meets the requirement of being a force for good. We have closely analysed every aspect of the business – from our core processes, our employment policies and proposition and our environmental impact. Becoming certified was absolutely something we wanted to do, but it was certainly a team effort and not simply a box ticking exercise!
There are many reasons that people choose to become a B Corp™. For many, it attracts employees who feel passionately about the same principles. It also demonstrates to suppliers and partners the focus of the business. For us, it was a chance to clearly demonstrate that we are focused on purpose as well as profit – and that it’s good for business!
Throughout the process, we found that many of the principles of being a B Corp™ aligned with how we have operated the business, including some core principles including:
- Doing good business with good people.
- Carefully selecting our team members, partners and clients because they have that special something.
- Being a force for good and a force for change.
- Making good business decisions that will improve lives, either through our own charitable endeavours, partnerships or through our working processes.
- Wanting to build a business in a way that left the planet in a better state than we found it.
- Our commitment to improving local areas with our volunteering programme, our recycling and product improvement initiatives.
- Having fun!
This is just the start of our journey as we continue to improve and focus on our three key pillars – people, planet and profit – and we hope you too will join us on the BCorp journey.”
Bill and the Motivates Team
- Our Volunteering Lifestyle
- How to get buy-in for team events
- Incentive travel – how to choose the perfect destination
- Top events for remote teams
- National Stress Awareness Month
- Why smaller long service rewards are more effective
- Our BCorp Journey: Three go to Sweden
- The Best Employee Christmas Gifts: What to choose for 2022
- The 6 Worst Christmas Gifts to Receive at Work
- We are B Corp Certified!